Planet Nars

Welcome toPlanet Nars

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Growing Up

I’m in denial of the fact that I’m growing up. The thought of growing up is scary, and it’s difficult facing the fact - whether it’s for the better or worse. Although I may not act like it at times, I feel like I’m slowly growing to be more mature - my personality, my character, my opinions, my outlook on life, everything. I’m sure growing up has its perks, but there will be nothing else in the world comparable to a childhood. I miss being excited for Halloween. I miss the time when the biggest challenge was getting through the monkey bars. I miss the time when my only worry was feeding my Neopets. Those years are precious, and it’s a bummer that we only realize this afterwards. I find myself constantly reminiscing about those times when I was so little and care-free. I still remember particular scenes as a kid, significant or not, like they were just yesterday. It always brings a smile to my face, thinking about the childish things I did as a little kid. As the years go by, the thought of being a kid again grows to be more desirable yet further and further out of reach. Enjoy your youth while you can. It’s always a shame to see children trying to grow up faster. If only they knew.

0 comments:

Post a Comment